Trace: » 8 - Part Configuration
Here you can define the data displayed in the dropdown lists
Once you select the list you want to change, you can add, edit, and delete them.
Select a heading from the dropdown list and use the arrow to change its name or comment.
The comments you have entered will be visible from most forms in GLPI. You just hover over the Help icon associated with the drop-down list to make it appear.
This section allows you to manage the components that can be added to your computers.
To add a component, follow these steps:
- Select the type of component you wish to add, and click the “Post” button.
- Notice that a list of all your components of the selected type are shown on this page.
- Click the “Add Component” button
- Fill in the details of the component. Click the “Add” button when you are finished.
- The newly added component should now be in the list of components that you can add to your computers.
To update or delete a component, follow these steps:
- Select the type of component you wish to update/delete and click the “Post” button.
- Click on the name of the component you want to update/delete.
- If updating: Make the desired changes and click the “Update” button.
- If deleting: Click the “Delete” button.
The general configuration of the application. You have three tabs.
- The default language for the creation of new users.
- The log level and storage time.
- The Operation Mode of GLPI : The “ normal ” represents a classic use of GLPI. “ Debug ” is aimed at developers and testers, “ translation ” concerns translators and can view all dictionary entries, and “ Demonstration ” blocks certain modifications.
- Warning threshold by default for cartridges and consumables. Change default for each type.
- Start Date of the fiscal year is used for the management of depreciation.
- Allow opening tickets as anonymous or not authorize requests for assistance via the anonymous file helpdesk.html.
- Automatically Assign new technical intervention if it exists.
- Changes in the log by adding tickets followed: You can not create follow-up when editing a ticket.
- Keep the tickets when an item of inventory is purged.
- Alerts on Contracts (Default): Sets on which event the sending of an email alert occurs.
- Alerts on financial information (default): Sets on which event, the sending of email alert occurs.
- Check for updates: Automatically check for updates weekly, monthly, or disable .
- Setting up of a proxy if it is used.
The display configuration of the application allows you to set some display settings.
- Number of events in the display log: log number to display on the homepage of the center console. (0 = none)
- Number of items to show per page: for all the lists of items displayed * followed, computers …
- Number of characters for each element of the list: reducing the size of the strings displayed to get a readable display.
- Number of characters limit for the drop: You can limit the number of characters displayed in the drop-down lists.
- The date format: You can set the display of dates
(YYYY-MM-DD or DD-MM-YYYY).
- Show ID GLPI: To show or not the internal identification numbers of each hardware / software.
- Use tabs for Next / Previous: You can set the Previous and Next tabs you can navigate within the elements of the inventory according to their ID or their name.
- Limit display planning: for not mentioning the 24 hours but to restrict the working day effect.
- Not for hours: modifies the step (unit time) for hours on planning, booking and notes.
- Text to login: text displayed when login to GLPI. This one can contain html code, and include external links.
- Link to the online help: By default this link to the Wiki project GLPI
- Show the new tickets at login to show new tickets “vacant” on the homepage of the center console.
- Colors of priorities.
- Use AJAX: allows you to enable or disable the AJAX GLPI (management research, text fields).
- Autocompletion of text fields with AJAX: If “Use AJAX is enabled, this allows you to view when entering characters into the text box, the elements already existing in the database with a list of results under this purpose.
- Ajax Joker character used for AJAX-type searches. To list all elements.
Tip: Double-click to display automatically the joker Ajax.
- Ajax * maximum number of items displayed: limit the number of items displayed in the results lists (except when using the wildcard).
- Do not use ajax if the number of elements is lower (0 = never): disable AJAX for research that the number of items displayed in the results list is below this value.
- Restrictions on the management manual élèments
- Added automatic users from external sources of authentication: permits
to allow authentication from external source or to disable it.
- Allow anonymous consultation of the knowledge base: Allows or not to consult the FAQ for anonymous users (without prior authentication).
- Activation of Mode OCS-NG.
- Automatic update of items related to computers
Since version 0.71, it is possible to define a replicate of the database GLPI.
This replicates will be used in 2 cases:
- In case of failure of the primary server. In this situation, the application automatically switches to read only (a tab indicated on the menu bar).
- When running reports couteux in order to reduce the load on the server.
It is advisable to use a login with only read privileges on the base.
Enabling notifications can send an email to the administrator when the server is desynchronizes.
This section allows you to enable monitoring of tickets and alerts by email.
If you enable this feature, email will be sent at the time of the creation of a new ticket, when changing the ticket (eg allocation of a category), at the closing of a ticket, or when a date specific action occours (end of contract, warranty, etc).
- You can fill the email address of the administrator and the signature added to each email.
You can add a link to the ticket in emails sent by specifying the URL of the GLPI installation.
Depending on your environment GLPI can use the mail function of PHP or an SMTP server. You can configure this in Setup → Notifications
This is where you can also choose to send alerts regarding the level of consumables / cartridges.
You can send a test mail to validate your configuration.
- Other options let you limit the emails sent. For each type of user, you can enable or disable the notifications the user receives, for example, ticket updates, the addition of new monitoring, closure of an ticket, operations reservations and alerts.
- You can choose any type of profile or group to whom the email will be sent.
- The applicant will receive an email that it has activated the tracking email in its application.
These options let you limit the emails sent. For each type of users (profiles).
This process verifies consumables, cartridges, expirations of contracts, warranty expirations, licenses.
External authentication, you can use alternative sources of authentication. This prevents you from having to manually add all users. You can define as many external sources of authentication you want.
To use these methods of authentication, you must activate the corresponding extensions in your PHP configuration.
The first solution is the use of one or several LDAP or Active Directory.
The second solution is to use a mail server:
- You must then define the first part in the server. To define correctly refer to the link to php.net which provides many examples.
The settings that you choose can give you connection strings like this:
- (localhost: 110/pop3),
- (localhost: 993/imap/ssl),
- (localhost: 995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert) …
- The second parameter sets the field used for mail that will be used to automatically fill the email addresses of new users. If the user is toto, his email address will be domaine_mail @ toto.
The third solution is the use of a CAS server. Once it is configured, you can always connect with a local user by adding? NOCAS = 1 to your URL.
Automatic Authentication allows users to GLPI can automatically log into the application without having to type in their username and their password.
GLPI supports opening of tickets by users from an Email
GLPI is able to interface with e-mail accounts and to collect the requests for opening a ticket sent by users.
You can create as a bridge as you want by specifying the entity in which the tickets will be created (default is the root entity).
Every 6 minutes GLPI connects the gateways created, raising the emails and create corresponding tickets. If the issuer of mail GLPI is known, it will automatically be the owner of the ticket.
This is where you set the mode OCSNG.
You can add, modify, delete all the connection to a server OCS / NG that you like.
Each server has a file containing these parameters:
It includes the connection information to the base OCSNG, the import options and fields of information and components that you wish to import / sync.
Regarding the import options, you can limit the import of tags (label) previously filled in OCSNG. You can also define a default state that you previously entered in the headings (- Configuration - Headings Status-materials).
Topic Monitors offers a particular option “Import unique serial number.” In this mode, if the monitor has a serial number, there are import-managed unit, otherwise there is no import.
You can also choose not to use the software dictionary of OCS-NG when importing software.
Number of items to be synchronized via cron: you can set up automatic synchronization. This allows you to specify how many computers syncs automatically every 5 minutes.
If you have activated, indicating that it must synchronize at least 1 machine, then it must run in the background.
In this section, you can add or change the types of documents allowed in GLPI.
The information to be provided are:
- The name of the document.
- The extension eg. Txt
- The file name for the icon of the desired document. Place the files in the folder icons pics / icons in the tree GLPI.
- The MIME type if necessary.
- Permission to download this file (yes or no).
You can export the list of document types as SYLK, CSV or PDF.
In this section you can define links to external applications adapted to the elements of the inventory. These are visible from the Links tab of the various cards.
You can use special tags to be replaced by the values of the element. Tags are valid: [ID], [NAME], [LOCATION], [LOCATIONID] [IP] [MAC] [NETWORK], [domain].
Each link can be associated with one or more types of materials.
- A link http://:
You create an external link with the protocol name: http:// [IP] that you assign to your network hardware.
- A link RDP type:
For remote access to your computers, you create an external link protocols for access distant.rdp name and you set the content of the file by inserting the contents of a file type RDP and by replacing the ip / name / field by TAGS type [IP], [NAME], [domain].
This section appears only if you have installed plugins. You will have access to their configuration.
Check for presence of updates on the site http://GLPI-project.org and display on the center console in case of a new update available.